We are very pleased to announce the winners of the Association 2021 Christmas Quiz, set by Laurence Smith.
Unusually, two entrants were tied for second place. One of these has been selected randomly to receive the 2nd prize of a Summerlands Chuffer, and the other will receive a year’s Association Membership for 2022.
|1st Place||A Summerlands Chuffer for your locomotive, plus a year’s Association Membership for 2022||Luke Petch|
|2nd Place||A Summerlands Chuffer for your locomotive||Christopher Glover|
|A year’s Association Membership for 2022||James Trebinski|
|Randomly selected entry||A year’s Association Membership for 2022||Tom Campbell-King|
Well done to all of you. We would like to take the opportunity to thank Chris Bird of Summerlands Chuffers for kindly donating two of his ‘Chuffers’ as prizes again this year. You can view the complete range of Chuffers at www.summerlands-chuffer.co.uk.
And the answers…
The quiz format is slightly different this year, as all the questions are model-related. So when asking “what class”, I’m looking for the manufacturer and the name of the model, e.g. Roundhouse Bertie.
So let’s start with some easy ones:
1. Name the locomotive builder who until recently built “Millie”
2. The fastest 16mm scale locomotive is said to be a… What?
3. Mortimer, Caradoc and Edrig were built by whom?
4. What loco was the first produced by Roundhouse?
5. What am I? Whose kit am I?
Simplex, by IP Engineering
6. ‘Agnes erupt’ is an anagram of which well known loco builder?
7. Ruby, Leanne and Skylark are locomotive kits produced by whom?
8. What class is this engine?
9. What is this? (Class name and loco builder)
Carrie, by Roundhouse
10. Who produces the tipper wagons? (Bonus point for the location)
Slightly harder ones now!
11. What am I? (Loco builder and class)
12. What am I? (Loco builder and class)
13. Name the current tallest 16mm scale loco and who built it?
We have not included this question in the scoring, as we found inconsistent and incomplete information about some models suggested by entrants.
14. Name the current widest 16mm scale loco and who built it?
Roundhouse Vale of Rheidol, or Accucraft NG15
15. What am I? (Loco class and builder)
Charles, by Roundhouse
16. Who produces this wagon kit?
Resurgam Rolling Stock
17. What’s the name of this layout? (Bonus point if you can guess the area group it belongs to.)
Ridgmont, Bedfordshire Area Group
18. ‘Nutty’ is a kit locomotive produced by whom?
Bole Laser Craft
19. The coaches are kits made by whom?
Yatton Model Engineering
20. What is the name of the builder who produced a live steam 16mm scale Wren?
And now for the hard round!
21. What am I? (Loco builder and class)
Regner 99 222
22. What am I? (Loco builder and class)
23. Who produces this kit?
LAKE – RAIL MODELS / Steve Hind
24. Who built this?
25. Who produced this as a kit?
Red Star Steam Packet Co
26. Who built me?
27. Who produced the green diesel loco as a kit?
28. What am I? (Loco builder and class)
Merlin Little Wonder
29. What am I? (Builder and class)
Peter Angus / Mike Lax NGG11
30. What am I? (Loco builder and class)
DJB Engineering Robert