Firstly, many thanks to over 3,000 members who have already completed their renewal either on-line, by phone, by cheque or by Direct Debit.
Reminders are being sent today by email to members who have still not renewed their subscription. A few points based on the experience of over 1,100 on-line renewals since we opened the process:
- If you receive an invitation, it will include a link to identify yourself to our new renewal system. Please don’t try to use the link included with the renewal invitations from previous years. These links have as far as possible been disabled to guard against inadvertent use.
- Please do read and follow the instructions in the invitation, which as recently as yesterday one overseas member described as “very clear”. Please don’t join the Association again instead of renewing. A few members did this at the start of the renewal campaign and the descriptions of the renew and joining offers have been revised to make it very clear what is being purchased.
- If you find that you’ve put the wrong item in you basket, simply delete it using the red “waste bin” button next to Quantity. Then go back to the Renew tab and select the right renewal.
- If you haven’t received any renewal invitations so far, please check your Spam or Junk mail items, which might be on your ISP if you use an email client on your computer.
- If you use multiple email addresses, the invitation is sent to the one we have on file, which was provided to you in the November 2017 data review, on the back of the address carrier sheet used to send November SMT & Bulletin.
- If you don’t want to renew on-line, the invitation includes the Association’s dedicated UK renewal phone line, including the opening hours. We don’t use a Call Centre so you may need to queue if demand is high.
- Finally, there is inevitably a small time lag from data being collected to perform the mail shot and emails going out. If you renewed over the weekend or today, your renewal may be in process.
If you have any questions or concerns about your renewal, please contact Warners by email or phone. I do not have real-time access to your records so am unlikely to be able to help in the first instance. However, you’re not satisfied with the response, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As I explained in my last update, renewal in person at the National Garden Railway Show on 7th April will not be possible, so if this affects you, please act now.
Alan Regan, Chairman and Membership Secretary