“A Symphony in Lasered Ply”: Brian Dominic’s Darjeeling Diesel NDM-6, shown after the last details (the window frames) had been added, but before it went into the paint shop. Photo: Brian Dominic.
There is still quite a lot of work to do: once out of the paint shop, there are at least the following jobs to do:
- Wire and fit lighting (the headlamps are already assembled and painted)
- Fit battery / electronics / sound system
- Fit and wire motors so they both go in the same direction
- Build equipment boxes to go in the cab – the larger one will be modified to accept the on-off switch and charging socket
- Fit windows
- Paint and fit cab roof
- Fit couplings
- (To paraphrase another kit manufacturer…) Place on track, switch on and enjoy!